BLOGGER



Youngest kid of six with an inferiority and black sheep complex, but determined that God saves not just his soul to heaven but the remainder of his manic-depressive life, so others won't say he became a Christian and remained a jerk.


MAIN THEMES

On identity
i won't be transparent before i'm opaque. and you'll get to know me starting from the small things: who my favourite bands are. what kind of movies i like. who are my heroes.

On Christianity
I’m convinced that when confronted with sincere, real love, the Jesus factor will become obvious. But let’s not plant the cross before we carry it. I’m not trying to con you.

On dreams
Some dreams are meant to be achieved. I know that. But maybe other dreams are meant to drive us, privately. Never known to anyone but ourselves.


OTHER THEMES

On melancholy
It is a sadness that, when choosing between crying and sighing, will choose sighing. I'd almost say that melancholy is being sad about sadness itself.

On memory and nostalgia
It saddens me when life moves forward and people decide that certain things are worth forgetting.

On language
I've learnt that the word irregardless is filed as a non-standard word in the English language. That's a lexicographer's way of saying it's not a real word.

On politics
Crowds are fickle things. So when we stand in the thousands and cry against the present government, do we know who we're actually crying for?

On society
People always want the best for themselves. But I want to sometimes take second or third or fourth best, just so that the loser down the road doesn't always have to come in last. It must feel like shit to always come in last.

On growing old
Leasehold property make me feel sad. It doesn't matter how old the family photos are that you put on your wall. It's your family but it's not really your wall.

On philosophy
I ask you, if God loves everyone, and if God is also incapable of loving evil, how can there be such a thing as an evil man?

On a daily basis
One line quips, like this.


CHAT





Thursday, February 26, 2009



Fergus walks up to roger's desk and thumps his fist in the air.

Roger: congrats

Fergus: i distinctly remember someone saying it was gonna be 6-1

Roger: yeah, actually i wrote 6-1 but my 6 looped too high, it ended up looking like a 0
messed with the stars

Fergus: ahhh. well, thanks, thanks. i'll have you know that i also wrote 10-0 for man united
but my 1 didn't really come out

Roger: right. there's always the return leg

I love my liverpool like this. up against the best in the world, tagged as the perrenial underachievers and written off by most as an underdog. that's when my liverpool stands up. i love the character they show when nobody believes that they can do it. give liverpool the toughest opposition and talk about it like a walk-over. that's how we wake up.

all my liverpool fandom, i've never known the giddying heights of topping the table and bossing the league. all i've ever known has been romantic cup runs. i fell in love with liverpool over their 1995 fa cup run and my first real taste of victory came in 2001 when we won three cups in three months. in 2005 we had that unbelievable european cup run that resulted in instanbul (and what is now the notorious account of me weeping on my knees) and since then, it's still been cups, cups, cups.

i don't know if i'm just escaping the sorrow of league mediocrity again, but it's a very comforting escape. it's comforting to know that while man u and chelsea have traded league titles in the last five years, there is one thing liverpool do better than anyone else in the world - come up against the giants in cup competitions and send them home.

all this will be moot if we don't get a result next week at anfield. but i'm thinking not. onwards to the quarter finals.

Labels: ,



Genusfrog [ 9:18 am ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home