BLOGGER



Youngest kid of six with an inferiority and black sheep complex, but determined that God saves not just his soul to heaven but the remainder of his manic-depressive life, so others won't say he became a Christian and remained a jerk.


MAIN THEMES

On identity
i won't be transparent before i'm opaque. and you'll get to know me starting from the small things: who my favourite bands are. what kind of movies i like. who are my heroes.

On Christianity
I’m convinced that when confronted with sincere, real love, the Jesus factor will become obvious. But let’s not plant the cross before we carry it. I’m not trying to con you.

On dreams
Some dreams are meant to be achieved. I know that. But maybe other dreams are meant to drive us, privately. Never known to anyone but ourselves.


OTHER THEMES

On melancholy
It is a sadness that, when choosing between crying and sighing, will choose sighing. I'd almost say that melancholy is being sad about sadness itself.

On memory and nostalgia
It saddens me when life moves forward and people decide that certain things are worth forgetting.

On language
I've learnt that the word irregardless is filed as a non-standard word in the English language. That's a lexicographer's way of saying it's not a real word.

On politics
Crowds are fickle things. So when we stand in the thousands and cry against the present government, do we know who we're actually crying for?

On society
People always want the best for themselves. But I want to sometimes take second or third or fourth best, just so that the loser down the road doesn't always have to come in last. It must feel like shit to always come in last.

On growing old
Leasehold property make me feel sad. It doesn't matter how old the family photos are that you put on your wall. It's your family but it's not really your wall.

On philosophy
I ask you, if God loves everyone, and if God is also incapable of loving evil, how can there be such a thing as an evil man?

On a daily basis
One line quips, like this.


CHAT





Tuesday, July 08, 2008
FAREWELL BORIS

They took Boris away today.

in many ways, Boris represents how i've come along at my office. on my first day, i trudged into the office building in kl and met him. we're both almost four years working here. in between, we've both needed overhauls of sorts, made lots of noise, sometimes at routine times of the day, done all-nighters (me working, him downloading) and been cranky as hell.

but it seems that the juxtapositions end there, and here, today. my office computer, belatedly christened with this ugly Germanic name, was carried away this afternoon at 3 o'clock. he'll be decomissioned in four days. seems like he finally beat me to the drop.

in his place, they've flown in this new dell machine, what with 2 gigs of ram and 75 gigs of hard disk space, this new chunky fellow shall serve me for the remaining sunsets of my tenure in this company. and never to be making the same mistake twice, i've decided to name this machine early.

his name is Olaf.

Olaf will be my friend every day from now on. i'll come to the office and he'll be responsible for me clearing my work on or not on time, and storing copious quantities of hastily downloaded indie albums.

you are my new work buddy Olaf. welcome to the family.

oh you bet there's a family. i name all my computers and drives. here's a list of who's who in my digital life.

my imac notebook is Salvador
my ipod is Dante
my red street diner external hard disk is Karlof
my music, pictures and movies library hard disk is Heidi
my thumbdrive is Mariella
my office computer was Boris
now, it's Olaf

welcome to the family Olaf.

Labels: ,



Genusfrog [ 5:11 pm ]

4 Comments:

  • hey, what about oliver rolf kahn, the greatest goalie ever! how could you not make him your friend too?

    By Blogger Jeanie, at 9:16 pm  

  • Rolf!!! OMG that's a brilliant computer name! :D

    By Blogger Athalia, at 5:29 pm  

  • Whoops. Athalia! Sign out from your account!

    (That Rolf comment was me)

    By Blogger Genusfrog, at 5:30 pm  

  • my teacher's name is olaf! heh.

    By Blogger oomoo, at 6:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home