Youngest kid of six with an inferiority and black sheep complex, but determined that God saves not just his soul to heaven but the remainder of his manic-depressive life, so others won't say he became a Christian and remained a jerk.
i won't be transparent before i'm opaque. and you'll get to know me starting from the small things: who my favourite bands are. what kind of movies i like. who are my heroes.
I’m convinced that when confronted with sincere, real love, the Jesus factor will become obvious. But let’s not plant the cross before we carry it. I’m not trying to con you.
Some dreams are meant to be achieved. I know that. But maybe other dreams are meant to drive us, privately. Never known to anyone but ourselves.
It is a sadness that, when choosing between crying and sighing, will choose sighing. I'd almost say that melancholy is being sad about sadness itself.
On memory and nostalgia
It saddens me when life moves forward and people decide that certain things are worth forgetting.
I've learnt that the word irregardless is filed as a non-standard word in the English language. That's a lexicographer's way of saying it's not a real word.
Crowds are fickle things. So when we stand in the thousands and cry against the present government, do we know who we're actually crying for?
People always want the best for themselves. But I want to sometimes take second or third or fourth best, just so that the loser down the road doesn't always have to come in last. It must feel like shit to always come in last.
On growing old
Leasehold property make me feel sad. It doesn't matter how old the family photos are that you put on your wall. It's your family but it's not really your wall.
I ask you, if God loves everyone, and if God is also incapable of loving evil, how can there be such a thing as an evil man?
On a daily basis
One line quips, like this.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
I have never been much of a resolution kinda guy. For the last two years, I had themes for the year, and to a large extent, they were duly met - not because of my uncanny ability to self-predict, but because the themes i chose were pretty self-evident anyway. At any case, i've decided to list down 207 things to do this year. i don't have all of them now, so i'll add them as the year kicks in.
here are the first 33 things i wanna do this year.
1. learn to surf
2. send comics to newspapers
3. go overseas (singapore doesn't count)
4. start writing second screenplay
5. drop to 60kg or 30 inch waist
6. compile a blog book
7. start mel's birthday gift early
8. don't drink soft drinks at fast foods and cinema
9. don't eat when not hungry
10. study romans
11. eat more bitter gourd
12. remain teetotal (actually, i don't see the point of this, since i've never been drunk)
13. keep a weekly devotional diary
14. watch the godfather trilogy
15. buy the dollars trilogy
16. finish watching dallas seasons 1-3
17. read if on a winter's night a traveler
18. read animal farm again properly
19. finish reading case for faith
20. keep handphone alive until 2008
21. write a musical number
22. send my car for service first time, on time, every time
23. midnight cap on football manager on working nights
24. finish colt 1 with flying colours so i never have to do it again
25. go to gym in the mornings before work
26. wash my cups at my office desk (especially on fridays)
27. pay my bills first time, on time, every time
28. catch at least one liverpool game a month
29. stop attributing my character flaws to my upbringing
30. learn to juggle three objects
31. sleep before 1am
32. improve my mafia skills
33. improve my holdem skills
4:12 pm ]